Membership in the Society
La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan offers two types of membership: full and associate. Membership dues for all members are US$15.00 per year. All members receive our bi-annual journal, Sent by The King.
For Full Membership, there is a one-time fee of US$20.00 for certification, in addition to the US$15.00 annual dues (total US$35.00). Each additional certification after approval of your first ancestor's lineage requires payment of a one-time fee of US$7.50. We provide full members with a certificate of lineage, suitable for framing.
A copy of our bylaws and annual financial reports are available to all members upon request. Full members elect the Directors who govern the Société and approve the annual budget and financial report; the Directors elect the officers and vote on other issues affecting our organization.
Full membership is for direct descendants of a King's Daughter and/or a soldier of the Carignan Regiment. Applicants must provide documentation showing the connection of each generation to the next generation in their lineage.
To apply for full membership, please print out the following Full Membership Instructiion and Application Packet. When completed, mail the application and lineage chart with your supporting documentation and your check for US$35.00 to: SFRSC, PO Box 220144, Chantilly, VA 20153-6144
Full membership benefits include:
- Biannual newsletter, Sent by the King, featuring articles on individual filles du roi and Carignan soldiers of 17th century New France, the history of the period, member's lineages, book reviews, information on publications, research tips, general French Canadian genealogical information, queries and data exchanges, websites concerning French Canadian genealogy, and related topics.
- Certification of the lineage of the full member (upon submission of supporting documentation) with a certificate of lineage suitable for framing.
- Exchange of genealogical data through our membership database
- Exchange of copies of original records and other documents pertaining to these ancestors from our Société collection, for and from members with ancestors in common.
- Voting rights at the on-line membership meetings of the Société.
Associate membership is for those persons still researching their lineage or who have no direct ancestor but are interested in this subject. The membership fee is US$15.00 annual dues.
Associate membership benefits include: