Membership in the Society
La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan offers two types of membership: full and associate. Membership dues for all members are US$15.00 per year. All members receive our bi-annual journal, Sent by The King.
For Full Membership, there is a one-time fee of US$20.00 for certification, in addition to the US$15.00 annual dues (total US$35.00). Each additional certification after approval of your first ancestor's lineage requires payment of a one-time fee of US$7.50. We provide full members with a certificate of lineage, suitable for framing.
A copy of our bylaws and annual financial reports are available to all members upon request. Full members elect the Directors who govern the Société and approve the annual budget and financial report; the Directors elect the officers and vote on other issues affecting our organization.
Full membership is for direct descendants of a King's Daughter and/or a soldier of the Carignan Regiment. Applicants must provide documentation showing the connection of each generation to the next generation in their lineage.
To apply for full membership, please download the following application and instructions.
The application may be filled out electronically but must be submitted in printed form, along with proofs (supporting documentation) and your check for US $35.00. Mail your application package to: SFRSC, PO Box 220144, Chantilly, VA 20153-6144 (We are not able to accept applications by email.)
Full membership benefits include:
- Receipt of the Société's journal, Sent by the King, produced twice a year and featuring articles on individual Filles du roi and Carignan soldiers, the history of seventeenth-century New France, book reviews, research tips, and resources for French-Canadian genealogical research,
- Access to previous editions of Sent by the King, available as downloadable PDFs in the Members-Only section of our website,
- Access to other information only available to members on our website,
- Certification of the lineage of the full member (upon submission of supporting documentation) with a certificate of lineage suitable for framing,
- The opportunity to purchase a Society Insignia Medal, available for members only,
- Voting rights at the on-line membership meetings of the Société.
Associate membership is for those persons still researching their lineage or who have no direct ancestor but are interested in this subject. The membership fee is US $15.00 annual dues.
Associate membership benefits include:
- Biannual newsletter, Sent by the King
- Access to other information, available in the members only section of the website.